What is the Safety Harness ?
A safety harness is a piece of personal protective equipment (PPE) that is designed to protect the wearer from falling from heights. It is typically made of straps and buckles and is worn around the body. Safety harnesses are used in a variety of industries, including construction, roofing, and window washing.
Adams fire tech is determined to provide the best fire fighting and safety equipment to the users because we cannot compromise with the protection. Contact Us
When are safety harnesses used?
Safety harnesses are used when there is a risk of falling from heights. This can include:
- Working on roofs
- Climbing ladders or scaffolding
- Working on construction sites
- Washing windows
- Working in trees
Types of safety harnesses
There are many different types of safety- harnesses available, each with its own features and benefits. Some of the most common types of safety- harnesses include:
- Full-body harnesses: These are the most common type of safety- harness and they provide protection for the entire body.
- Sit harnesses: These harnesses provide support for the hips and thighs and are often used by workers who are sitting or kneeling while working.
- Rope access harnesses: These harnesses are designed for use by workers who are accessing ropes and cables. They typically have a dorsal D-ring, which is a metal ring located on the back of the harness that is used to attach a lanyard.
How to choose a safety -harness
When choosing a safety- harness, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The type of work you will be doing
- The height you will be working at
- The weather conditions you will be working in
- Your personal comfort
It is also important to make sure that the safety -harness you choose is certified by a recognized safety organization.
How to use a safety harness
Before using a safety- harness, it is important to read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions. The instructions will typically include information on how to fit the harness, how to inspect it for damage, and how to use it safely.
Safety tips when using a safety- harness
Here are some safety tips when using a safety -harness:
- Always make sure that the safety- harness is properly fitted and that all of the straps are secure.
- Inspect the safety- harness for damage before each use.
- Never use a safety- harness that is damaged.
- Make sure that you are using the correct type of safety -harness for the job.
- Always connect the safety- harness to a secure anchor point.
- Never work at heights without using a safety- harness.
- Full-Body Harnesses: These offer the most comprehensive protection and are the most common type of harness used in Pakistan. Prices range from PKR 1,500 to PKR 18,000 depending on the brand and features.
- Sit Harnesses: These are designed for tasks where workers spend extended periods seated or kneeling. Prices range from PKR 1,000 to PKR7,000.
- Rope Access Harnesses: These are specifically designed for working on ropes and cables and often feature a dorsal D-ring for attaching lanyards. Prices range from PKR 3,000 to PKR 12,000.
Safety harnesses are a valuable piece of personal protective equipment that can help to prevent falls from heights. By choosing the right safety- harness and using it properly, you can help to keep yourself safe while working at heights.